I sometimes love to play around with my pancake recipes, just to diversify my palette and to incorporate more healthy foods in my diet. I therefore decided to go with carrots this time! Well, I had initially wanted to bake the regular carrot cake, but I was too impatient, so pancakes were the closest in taste and quicker to make.
- Grated carrots (4 tbsp)
- Oat flour (2 cups)- [Use regular flour if you wish]
- Baking powder (2 tsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Cinnamon powder (2 tsp)
- Milk (1.5 cups)
- Melted butter (2 tbsp)
- Honey (2 tbsp)
- Vanilla Essence (1 tsp)
- 2 eggs
- In a food processor, blend your oats until finely ground.
- Get two bowls; one for the dry ingredients and another for the wet.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in one of the bowls and mix. In the other bowl, whisk in the eggs, the essence, butter, milk and honey until evenly combined.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients until you get an even consistency. Gently add in the carrots and mix in.
- Heat your non-stick pan for few minutes and begin to pour your batter. Fry until the sides begin to set, then flip the pancake and fry the other side for about 1 minute.
- To serve, top with maple syrup or nuts or the rest of your shredded carrots.