I cannot be the only food blogger without a banana bread recipe up on their site. I am aware that there are thousands of them out there, and especially during the quarantine period. I however incorporated my favorite snacks (almonds and raisins) and if you enjoy these two together too, then be my guest!
- All purpose flour (3 cups)
- Melted butter (1/2 cup)
- Ripe bananas (3 large)
- Baking soda (1 tsp)
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- Cinnamon powder (1 tsp)
- Brown or granulated sugar (1 cup)
- Eggs (3 large)
- Vanilla essence (2 tsp)
- Almond/regular milk (1 cup)
- Crushed almonds (1/2 cup)
- Chopped raisins ( 1/2 cup)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degF .
- Prepare your bread pan by coating it with some butter, then dust with some flour until it is well coated.
- In one bowl, mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon) gently and let it sit on the side.
- In another bowl, mash your bananas until soft, but feel free to leave some lumps in. (You can alternatively decide to blend them with some milk). Add in the rest of your wet ingredients (sugar, vanilla, milk, butter and eggs )and mix well until you achieve a consistent batter.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold them in gently.
- Once you have your batter ready, finally mix in your raisins and nuts. Feel free to sprinkle the rest of the almonds on top of the cake if you would like a crunchy crust.
- Place it in the oven and let it bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let the cake cool down before serving, then enjoy with a cup of your favorite beverage.