If you are not allergic to eggs and you love bread, then you (will) most definitely enjoy french toast for breakfast. We called them “mkate mayai’ growing up which translates to “egg bread” in English. This is such a simple recipe that you can play around with by adding your favorite sauces, spices and fruit. I however made the mini version with cinnamon and topped with sliced bananas. This would be perfect for kids too since it provides a good balance of sweet and savory.
- 3 eggs
- Cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Brown sugar (1 tbsp)
- 6 slices of bread
- Milk (4 tbsp)
- Salt (A dash)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- Cut up your bread into mini squares. (One slice should make four pieces if cut evenly.)
- In a bowl, combine all your ingredients by adding one ingredient at a time whilst stirring thoroughly.
- Soak your bread until they are fully coated.
- Put some oil (I used butter) on a non-stick pan and begin to cook both sides of the bread until you attain the perfect golden brown color.
- Top with some syrup and/or fruit and enjoy!