If you have had chips masala before, then you know how delicious and addictive they can get. Growing up, this was my favorite fast food, and I could not wait for Sunday so I could indulge (Sundays were our ‘eat out’ days). The regular chips masala is made using regular french fries, but in this recipe, I used baked sweet potato fries instead to make it less unhealthy hehe.
- Sweet potatoes
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 chopped Onions
- Crushed garlic (1 tsp)
- Ginger paste (1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Tomato paste (1 tbsp)
- Chopped Cilantro (1 handful)
- Spices (1/2 tsp each): Paprika, Garlic powder, Mixed Spices and Garam masala.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degF.
- Cut up your potatoes into french fries, brush them with some vegetable oil and put them into the oven for about 15-20 minutes until they are soft. Make sure they do not get too soft or soggy because you will be frying them.
- In a pan, fry the onions, ginger and garlic in some oil until they become soft and golden in color.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and keep frying until you have created an even paste. Feel free to add some water if it appears to be too thick.
- Now add your salt and spices, cover the pan and let it simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in your fries and mix them in gently to avoid breaking them.
- Once evenly mixed, cover and switch the fire off. Let it sit there for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a cold glass of soda and enjoy!